Re: [UBIQUITY] Re: Organisation page and old maintainers

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:01:55PM -0500, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 22:19 +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering about having some way of showing past holders of
> > positions
> > on the Debian Organisation page [1]. It's easy to find out who used to
> > maintain a package by looking at the changelog, but it's not that easy
> > for the people listed on that page. Has anyone got any thoughts on
> > this?
>
> Do you mean the organization people (the ones listed on the page)? Or do
> you mean package maintainers? Or even both?
>
> Anyway, I think nobody has had any kind of thoughts on this since every
> change on organization.wml overlaps completely the previous revision and
> the latter is forgotten, as of now.

I meant the organisation people.

ie, have a way to show:

FTP Master
	Joe Bloggs (1999-2003)

kind of thing.

We can either have (2000- ) style stuff for people still in those
positions.

We can actually recreate most of the history of that file from the CVS
log, at least for the last few years.

As far as packages themselves go, I'm not sure how to present all this
information on a webpage...

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend