Re: http://www.debian.org/security/2004/dsa-548

* Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña schrieb am 12.01.05 um 15:28 Uhr:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:14:45AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > Any idea how to proceed with such broken links on security pages?
> > Link to another location, maybe snapshot.debian.org, ...? Or better add
> > a note that the security update is outdated?
>
> Better add a "header" like this: "This security update has been superceeded
> by DSA xxx" it actually could be defined in wml so that
>
> <obsoletedby>611</obsoletedby>
>
> Would introduce the above header in the page, that would direct readers to
> the newer update (through the latest DSA).
>
> Sounds reasonable?

I think so. I wouldn't have expected the links to work in this case, and
there would have been no reason to contact you regarding the old version
on the German mirror. Even if the typo hadn't been there, I think it is
bad practice to have security advisories with broken links w/o any hint
they are outdated.