Re: CD-Pages - HTML strict and new header

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 10:06:10AM +0200, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> > With the current menu, it's not really clear that the "debian_on_cd"
> > page is the top-level page for the CD part of the site [...]
>
> An additional indent may caus problems in languages with long words.  I
> have done and uploaded a quickfix now. If the tag is changed to something
> like "CD home", using a <p> the might work until a better solution for
> the menu div is found.

OK. Hm, one could add a colon, i.e. "Debian on CD:" - but I'm not sure
whether that's better.

> I have changed the order in the header now and the CD logo moves into
> the center, if there is enough space in the window. Did not look all
> languages until now as the build and upload run at night.
> Better now? The css must be tested with packages.d.o before applying
> the change.

Not sure if it's formatted for me the way you intended it (with both
Firefox and Opera): Logo and CD centered vertically, Logo left of CD. IMHO,
this looks better, except that there is too little horizontal space between
the Debian logo and the CD.

> Should I apply the new CD header and menu to the vendors pages, too?  The
> pages will get longer...

IMHO, yes. Even if the pages get longer, they tend to be easier to read
because the individual lines of text are shorter, so the human eye doesn't
get confused when trying to go from the end of one line to the start of the
next one.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯