Re: www.debian.org Web Design

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:30:28PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> That can also be seen as an advantage as a right nav bar does not
> distract so much from reading the main text.

Um, yes, but the typical user comes to the page looking for something in
particular, they don't actually read most of the text on the page, but scan
it looking for a link to what they want. So your assumption that people
actually *want* to read the main text is wrong.

FWIW, I have no preference one way or another WRT left-hand vs. right-hand
navigation.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯