Re: www.debian.org Web Design

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:19:28AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Having the navigation on the right looks good to me.

This is an old issue for discussion when it comes to web usability:

- Advantage of right-hand navigation: The navigation is near the browser's
  scroll bar, so no large mouse movements are necessary.
- Disadvantage: People are used to the de-facto standard with left-hand nav
- Disadvantage: A user's gaze "enters" the page from the left (for
  left-to-right writing), so when people scan the page for information,
  they don't find the navigation as quickly.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯