Who's using Debian?

1. Digital Library Initiatives, North Carolina State University
Libraries, USA

2. Educational

3. http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/dli/

4. We use Debian on several desktops and laptops as well as on the
central data server we use to manipulate geospatial data prior to ingest
into the DSpace digital repository.  This instance of Debian provides
everyone on our project access to data via Samba without fear of virus
and malware issues.  It also does most of the project data crunching.

I chose Debian for it's stability, security, documentation, and superb
package support.

--

Jim Tuttle
Geospatial Data Librarian
North Carolina State University Libraries
Phone:919.513.0651 Fax: 919.513.3553 Jim_Tuttle@ncsu.edu