Re: Invalid HTML-Tags

Jutta Wrage <jw@witch.westfalen.de> (06/10/2005):

> Am 06.10.2005 um 14:31 schrieb Fr�ric Bothamy:
>
> > I agree that <em> and <strong> should be preferred, but I did not see
> > anywhere in the HTML specifications
> > (http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html) that they should
> > not
> > be used, even using "HTML Strict".
>
> Please read the notes about accessibilty and what css and HTML tags
> are for. Rendering (presentation) should go to css with HTML strict.
> HTML tags are for pointing out what the content is (paragraph, link,
> quotation heading and so on).
>
> And <b> and <i> is font rendering.

Where can we found a patch of all the changes you have applied? I found
nothing at http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/diff/ but you are
still introducing typography mistakes by fixing <i> with <q> :-(
And it is really not easy to track these mistakes file by file.

I don't know what is the best solution. To introduce some tags such as
<book> and <foreignword> is really not easy for translators to mark
something as italic. And the tag <foreignword> will depend on the
language.

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux