Re: italian mirrors update

Kaare Olsen <kaare@nightcall.dk> wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > I'll prepare a patch closing as many of the obvious ones as I can,
> > if a debian-www writer tells me that they'll upload it (as I'm not
> > in webwml yet).
> Go ahead, I'll upload the updated list if no one else does it.

My suggested patch is
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/Mirrors.masterlist.patch
and I believe it fixes the following bugs, mostly by
removing mirrors from the listing or editing as suggested.
Listed in roughly the order they appear in the file:

#277950: debian-installer: www.mirror.ac.uk broken or too unreliable ?
 Reported by: Tim Day <timday@bottlenose.demon.co.uk>; Tags: d-i, patch; 222 days old.
#256364: debian.nettuno.it has corrupted xfce4-panel deb
 Reported by: dallachiesa michele <xenion@antifork.org>; 341 days old.
#229115: mirrors: devolus.org mirror is bad
 Reported by: Donggyoo Lee <donggyoo@chol.com>; 1 year and 131 days old.
#205627: Several Canadian mirrors are bad
 Reported by: Tom Goulet <tomg@em.ca>; 1 year and 291 days old.
#275652: ftp.dk.debian.org is unreachable and has been for a while.
 Reported by: Povl Ole Haarlev Olsen <debian@stderr.dk>; 236 days old.
#263370: mirrors: mirror mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de is out of date
 Reported by: Martin Zobel-Helas <mhelas@helas.net>; 302 days old.

and the unreportbug'd changes from Marco d'Itri and a partial fix of:

#147860: mirrors: Mirror audit shows many have problems and should be dropped from list
 Reported by: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>; 3 years and 11 days old.

I hope that you enjoy reviewing this patch more than I did writing it!

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/