Re: Non-existent package listed on WNPP page

Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote, Friday, May 20, 2005 9:01 AM:
>>On the WNPP Orphaned Packages page [0], the package ubit is
>>listed.  However, while the associated bug [1] exists, the
>>package is not found [2].  The packages page for it says the
>>package can't be found in any distribution.
> You're clearly using the wrong search options :-)
> As (imho) is clear from the control file listed in the wnpp bug, ubit is a
> *source* package.
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/ubit

I know how to find the packages :-)

What I am pointing out is that the link provided on the WNPP page
is this:

Which yields this as a result:

Package Search Results

You have searched for packages named ubit in all distributions,
all sections, and all architectures.

Can't find that package.

What I am saying, is that script that pulls info for the WNPP page
should be a bit smarter :-)

The links should be constructed so they *actually* lead to the
referenced package.

Roberto C. Sanchez