Re: Minor errors in http://www.debian.org/intro/cn

On Sunday 23 January 2005 23:26, you wrote:
> According to the HTML 4 Transitional DTD, the closing <DD> tag may be
> omitted.  Of course, Konqueror may be buggy.
[...]
> Does adding the tag fix the problem?

No it does not :-/

Definitely a konqueror bug...
The problem seems to be that if the width of the 'term' is less than the
indentation of the 'descriptions' _and_ a <pre> is used in the
'description', the 'term' is not displayed.
(Adding three or more dashes after Lynx does the trick; removing the
'compact' option for the list does as well.)

/me files a bug at bugs.kde.org.
Thank you, Matt, for helping track this down.

A workaround (to be kind to our users using konqueror, including me ;-)
could be to remove the 'compact' option from the DL. In this case it does
not really have much effect anyway as Lynx is the only 'short' term in
the list.