Re: Please, would specify in the global packages list, from which group each package is related.

Am Dienstag, 18.01.05 um 14:58 Uhr schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:

What a Accept header is you browser sending? Mine sends
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/ plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5

Mine does send nothing like that. It leaves it to the server to find the best one. And obviously apache thinks txt is better than html.

I tested that again in my local repository. Seems after an upgrade of apache-common there the behavior of the server has changed. I am sure, I got the html file two weeks or something like that ago, and get the compressed text file there now, too.

I got a comment from someone else that it would be better to have different names for the text file and the html file.

Another thing I have seen while testing: If I compress the html pages, too, they are delivered and loaded faster, even in a local network. Maybe, there should be a link to a compressed html page, too? I am not sure about that.

greetings

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de