Re: Patch debian-www with css

[Frank Lichtenheld]
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:51:17AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 10:41:59PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > And a new new version:  I removed the <style> tag, it seems quite
> > > useless, and added a missing <p> in languages.wml.
> >
> > I applied the patch at my working copy and my general test pages
> > are now build with it. See http://higgs.djpig.de/debian-www/
> >
> > A few notes:
> > http://higgs.djpig.de/debian-www/index.en.html: In my browser, the
> >  "Devolpers' Corner" in the navbar is wider than the actual navbar.
>
> This problem is really ugly for the German front page as I just had to
> realize (http://higgs.djpig.de/debian-www/index.de.html). I hesitate
> to apply the patch therefor...

[Sorry for breaking this thread by using this webmail]

IMO there are 2 distinct problems: CSS and HTML.  If only CSS needs to be
fixed, there is no reason to not apply the patch and fix debian.css later,
this can be done very quickly.  OTOH if HTML needs to be fixed, it is
better to update the patch in order to minimize full builds.  But I do not
know just now to which category these problems belong, so I leave the
decision to you ;)

--
Denis