Re: Patch debian-www with css

Am Sonntag, 05.12.04 um 21:32 Uhr schrieb Denis Barbier:

The only problems I can see are about debian.css:
  * I dislike centered text in the footer
  * Some text overlaps when using large fonts (e.g. in leftcol).
Maybe debian.css should first be committed into CVS so that we can all
work on fixing the reported issues?

Mea culpa! I regret, forgetting to remove the pixel size. I am currently working on some adjustments for debian.css for packages.debian.org and changed that, too.

NOTE:
Please fetch the new version with width in em instead of pixel and other important adjustments from http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian.css. With that version the header will flow better, too.

Can you please tell me, if that fixes the problem with very large fonts for you? My tests say, it should.

For the footer: What do others think about? It is easy to change, if not a result of remaining formatting in HTML-Code (I did not remove everything there, as that could be the next step). Cleaning up is much easier, if css is already applied to the source tree.

Reminder: If making changes to the css, be very careful. While testing and writing, I have made the experience, that minor changes have no effect in one browser while they make everything ugly in another. But I do not think, that many changes to the major layout are necessary. This layout allows to have many variants inside the box named "inner": Using it as a whole for content, using the two column layout of the main page, using two columns like I do them currently for packages.debian.org and so on. Beside that other Boxes can be added and also classes for multiple use in the same page.

I'll write some documentation next weekend about using the css, if you are willingly to apply. That will make it easier to use the css in page content and hopefully will help to add things for those not very familiar with css now. Beside that you may meet me in IRC and we even can have a turorial session there, if wanted.

cu

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de