Re: Examples Debian WWW with css

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 09:10:59PM +0100, Jutta Wrage wrote:
[...]
> I fetched the cvs tree and made local changes. Takes a while for a make
> on my local computer. As I am said there will be enough space on our
> server, I may put the results online.
>
> Currently I am making only those changes, that a necessary for the
> header and footer going css. It is not quite clean and If you like
> that, I would need some help to find out, where those things are to
> change, I did not find the source for.
>
> If there are scripts, which are not in the source tree and not run by
> make or make install, I'll surely will not notice, if they fail.
> Another thing is, that I am not sure, that I can built languages like
> Chinese on Debian stable.

IMO building only English pages is fine.

Some pages need data fetched from scripts found in
  http://cvs.debian.org/cron/?cvsroot=webwml
Scripts under parts/ are run before every build. lessoften only daily.
So do not be afraid if some pages do not build cleanly, and do not
lose your time trying to fix them, it isn't worth.

> If someone wants to have a look later (not online yet): The pages will
> be at
>
> http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dwww/
> screenshots will be at
> http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/screenshots/
>
> hope I get something ready tonight.

Great, please send here your patches against english/template/debian
when they are ready.

I reviewed all *.pl files under webwml, and english/News/weekly/makemail.pl
is the only script parsing generated HTML files, so we have to check
that your changes do not break this script.

We must also check that these changes do not break nm.debian.org,
it include files from the webwml tree.

Denis