Re: Outdated page was: Debian Dictionary

Am Dienstag, 28.09.04 um 05:29 Uhr schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:

Q: Could you explain a bit how you do create these pages?
This is actually the important question to judge how and wether to
include it in the webpages.

The program takes the header and footer. In between of it the entries are created with simple HTML statements. The layout (css) is adopted from Debian-Women homepage (I have not copied the logo from there).

Q: How do you like you this to be integrated in the webpages?
There are at least two distinct methods:
1) putting the code directly into the webpages' CVS and generate
them together with the pages.

Could be no problem, I think. But I do not know if that would make a barrier for people willingly to help and not being DD. They cannot upload the text files.

2) putting the code into the DDP's CVS and include the generated
pages from there. IMHO this would be usefull if you want to have
different output formats and/or distribution methods (e.g. as debian
package)

Same problem as above.

Another point: How could I make changes to the program source?

If a DD is willingly to help with everything, we could get it working, though - if you want.

greetings

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de