Re: DMUP violated? / Proposal: devel/website/using_cvs.wml

Hello list, hello Luk!

Thanks for the rapid reply.

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:05:20PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > Apparently it was not acceptable, and at least one person was / is
> > seriously annoyed by the amount of similar messages coming in, so I
> > propose the attached change to devel/website/using_cvs.wml.
>
> Well, I was also a bit annoyed by the amount of messages.

Thanks, that's good to know. I guess I was only contacted by a single
person since this person was the only one who actually knew off-hand
how to contact me.

> > Unfortunately things have already happened and as the very same person
> > has used the term "abuse" please check whether I have violated the
> > DMUP (I guess "wilful, deliberate, reckless or unlawful act
> > interfer[ing] with the work of another developer" and "Mail Bombing"
> > _could_ apply here) or any other document.
>
> But I don't think it is a "Mail Bombing" or such, nor did it interfere
> with my work (I don't know of interference with anybody elses work), so I
> don't think you violated the DMUP.

Do you think there is any other written document whose practices I
might have violated?
If not, do you know of any practices that ought to be written down?
The web site and Debian as a whole is IMHO quite well documented, but
maybe there are some gaps that need to be filled (speaking generally
here, not referring to this case)...

> I second the proposed patch and I hope you keep doing your analyses.

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Flo