Re: DMUP violated? / Proposal: devel/website/using_cvs.wml

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Florian Ernst wrote:

> Hello list!

Hello Flo

> OK, this seems to have been quite an unfortunate start for me:
>
> as CVS allows people to work independently and in the scope they
> prefer I saw no reason not to commit my first changes in small
> blocks to make sure I solely change what I intented to change, i.e.
> I fixed a spelling error in the english page and bumped the
> translation-check header in all applicable translations using the fine
> smart_change.pl, then committed this small block.
> I knew about the debian-www-cvs mailing list but thought this is
> acceptable, after all the system is set up for many changes.
>
> Apparently it was not acceptable, and at least one person was / is
> seriously annoyed by the amount of similar messages coming in, so I
> propose the attached change to devel/website/using_cvs.wml.

Well, I was also a bit annoyed by the amount of messages.

> Unfortunately things have already happened and as the very same person
> has used the term "abuse" please check whether I have violated the
> DMUP (I guess "wilful, deliberate, reckless or unlawful act
> interfer[ing] with the work of another developer" and "Mail Bombing"
> _could_ apply here) or any other document.

But I don't think it is a "Mail Bombing" or such, nor did it interfere
with my work (I don't know of interference with anybody elses work), so I
don't think you violated the DMUP.

I second the proposed patch and I hope you keep doing your analyses.

Cheers

Luk