Re: release plans for website?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:09:33PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:55:38PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Some of these involve a lot of rewriting and should not go live until
> > sarge is released. Any suggestions on a good way to handle that? A
> > branch in cvs does not seem very workable. Maybe someone can do some wml
> > magic to select different paragraphs depending on whether release/info
> > has current_release_name set to woody or sarge?
>
> I will prepare something like that, shouldn't be too hard.
> I can also offer to maintain a up-to-date webpage copy with current
> release set to sarge so that others can always check how it will look
> like.

One easy way to do it is to use diverts:

simple example:

<enter woody />
text while woody is current release
<leave />
<enter sarge />
text while sarge is current release
<leave />

<dump <current_release_name /> />

If mixing text is required one could play with the divertnames,
like <enter woody1>foo</leave> -> <dump <current_release_name />1 >

You get the idea ;)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>