Re: Broken link

On Thu, 20 May 2004 04:02, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 09:59:34AM +0800, John wrote:
> > http://www.au.debian.org/News/2004/
> > to http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-2004/
>
> See bug 223552.
>
> > Please, on every web page's footer place a mailto: link to facilitate
> > reporting a problem with that page. Presetting the subject will go far
> > to filter out spammers using the address (or passing through email from
> > people who don't change the subject).
>
> Would anyone object if I changed the contact information in the
> footer to the following text?
>
>  To report a problem with the web site, e-mail <a
>  href="mailto:debian-www@lists.debian.org";>debian-www@lists.debian.org</a>.
>  For other contact information, see the Debian <a
>  href="m4_HOME/contact">contact page</a>.

I think there's also a keyword to set the default subject. I suggest that it
be used to refer to the particular page. A determined user can, of course,
change it, but for mail from the many who won't it will provide you with an
instant pointer to the (presumed) problem, and readily recognised by spam
filters as not_spam.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield