Generell question about Debian release (was: Re: German: Grammar for about)

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:35:44AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Ben Bucksch <linux.news@bucksch.org> [2004-04-26 09:09]:
> > RCS file: /cvs/webwml/webwml/german/index.wml,v
> > -<current_release>. Die neueste Aktualisierung zu diesem Release wurde am
> > +<current_release>. Die letzte Aktualisierung dieses Releases wurde am
> >  <current_release_date> vorgenommen. Lesen Sie mehr über die

OK, this refers to:
<current_release>. The last update to this release was made on
<current_release_date>. Read more about <a href="releases/">available
versions of Debian</a>.</p>

>  Sorry, but no. This change was done not that far ago because people
> complained that "letzte" sounds like there is no newer one. This is one
> thing that can be argued about though, but please take it to
> debian-l10n-german for a review from the other translators.

Isn't this true? <current_release>, which stands for "3.0r2", is the
last update and there exists no newer one, am I wrong? I know about the
security archive or even sarge or sid but <current_release> is the most
up-to-date stable release of Debian.
(Joey currently prepares 3.0r3, according to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/debian-devel-announce-200403/msg00024.html).

OK, the main issue for this mail is "The last update to this release was
made on ..." where "release" refers to "3.0r2" instead of "3.0" or
"woody". Does this make sense? "3.0r2" was never updated IIRC.

Jens