Re: Security FAQ

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 07:34:27AM (GMT+0100), Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Johan Haggi <scade-giu2004@orsobruno.net> [2004-03-07 17:30]:
> > Maybe you want to add this at security faq:
>  I don't see a need for it, because:
> > === Question ===
> > To use sarge's security updates I write this line in sources.list:
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free
> > Why they don't say that it exist??
>  <http://www.debian.org/security/faq#testing>
>  It is answered already in the FAQ.

Yes *I* know. I read it.

My suggestion born from a long thread on debian-italian@l.d.o: some
people had convinction that to write a reference to
http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates in sources.list was a good,
unknown trick. The question "Why they don't say that it exist?" is the
letteral translation of a mail in that thread (perhaps they thought that
the documentation was obsolete).

But perhaps I am too optimist: if the users don't read faq#testing
my proposed add is unprofitable . In that case: I am sorry for your lost
of time and no reply is necessary    :-)
--
*ANTISPAM*: my address is *not* forged, but
it is valid *only* up to 30 June 2004