Re: How to create english/devel/people.names?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:07:08PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de> [2004-01-29 21:18]:
> > 	Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de>
>
>  Jens, your setup is broken. AFAIK you are not able to receive mails at
> jens@murphy.d.o.

No, that's not related to my setup! The list server seems to add this.
(You got many mails from me, how many of these contain jens@murphy.d.o?)

> > I checked the tidy output to improve the website and noticed errors in
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/people.en.html:
> >
> > Overgaard, SÃÂÃ,Â?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
> >   main:   amsn
> > Overgaard, SÃÂ?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
> >   main:   gmessage
> > Overgaard, SÃ?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
> >   main:   dancer-bot, pdftohtml
> > Overgaard, Søren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
> >   main:   bombermaze, gtkdiskfree, libgnet1.1, libgnet1.1-dev, ...
> >
> > The last line ("Søren=So/ren") is OK, all others not!
>
>  Then please tell boll@debian.org about it.

I forgot to CC: him.

> The data on that page is
> directly taken from the packages:
>
> #v+
> $> grep-available -sMaintainer -FMaintainer boll@debian.org | sort -u
> Maintainer: SÃÂ?ren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
> Maintainer: SÃ?ren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
> Maintainer: Søren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
> #v-

What flavour is used stable/testing or unstable?

According to http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gmessage.html
version 2.0.5-3 is in testing and unstable, but there's no version in
stable yet.

Changelog:

gmessage (2.0.5-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fix maintainer-name, so as to avoid multiple listings in various
    places.

 -- Søren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>  Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:55:39 +0000

As you can see it seems to be already fixed!
The same encoding is used in his gtkdiskfree package but there he uses
Debian Policy 3.6.1 instead of 3.6.0 as in gmessage. This seems to be
the problem. (I know there was a large discussion about this but I don't
remember/find currently the results!)

OK, Søren, it's your task to fix this!

>  It is up to the maintainer to keep his name consistent through the
> various packages. I Cc: this mail to him to make him aware of the
> problem. Boll, can you maybe try to get this consistent?
>
> > people.wml includes english/devel/people.names but where does it come
> > from?
>
>  Generated from the Packages files.

Thanks.

Jens