Re: How to create english/devel/people.names?

* Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de> [2004-01-29 21:18]:
> 	Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de>

 Jens, your setup is broken. AFAIK you are not able to receive mails at
jens@murphy.d.o.

> I checked the tidy output to improve the website and noticed errors in
> http://www.debian.org/devel/people.en.html:
>
> Overgaard, SÃÂÃ,Â?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
>   main:   amsn
> Overgaard, SÃÂ?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
>   main:   gmessage
> Overgaard, SÃ?ren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
>   main:   dancer-bot, pdftohtml
> Overgaard, Søren Boll  <boll@debian.org>
>   main:   bombermaze, gtkdiskfree, libgnet1.1, libgnet1.1-dev, ...
>
> The last line ("Søren=So/ren") is OK, all others not!

 Then please tell boll@debian.org about it. The data on that page is
directly taken from the packages:

#v+
$> grep-available -sMaintainer -FMaintainer boll@debian.org | sort -u
Maintainer: SÞren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
Maintainer: SÞren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
Maintainer: Søren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>
#v-

 It is up to the maintainer to keep his name consistent through the
various packages. I Cc: this mail to him to make him aware of the
problem. Boll, can you maybe try to get this consistent?

> people.wml includes english/devel/people.names but where does it come
> from?

 Generated from the Packages files.

> Is the changelog of the corresponding package used to obtain the
> author? The changelog of the gmessage package contains the name in valid
> UTF-8 and this package uses the version 3.6.0 of the Debian Policy.

 See the control file, not the changelog. The changelog contains the
information who did change something, not who is responsible for it.

 So long,
Alfie
--
Wo wir schon bei Schnäppchenbestrafungen sind: ich finde § 307 StGB hat ein
recht ordentliches Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis. Soviel Bums für sowenig Strafe