Re: debian.org website keeps switching to swedish

Bas Zoetekouw:

> If the client's browser is set to request (for example) "nl_BE" only, I
> think apache really should send "nl" if that is available and nl_BE is
> not.

Not according to the HTTP specification.

> Currently it sends Norwegian or Hungarian or so, which makes no sense
> at all.

When it cannot find any acceptable language, it is supposed to fall
back to English, or actually the "unlabeled" language. However, there
seem to be a missing language configruation on the server that is
termporarily used as www.debian.org, which causes this behaviour
(several variants are seen as "unlabeled").

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/