Re: Alpha FAQ pages in debian-www cvs

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:01:39AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:59:47PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > In 1999 there were some faq pages committed to the webwml cvs repository
> > of the Debian webpages[0]
> > (Commit message: Adding various FAQs from www.alphalinux.org...will link
> > shortly.)
> >
> > They seem not to get installed and are not linked anywhere.
> > Can they be removed from cvs?
>
> actually I was considering getting various FAQs included as part of my
> work on the aboot-packages; though I did not think about getting them
> on the web pages. Can you point me where those pages you mention are
> (I already have the web pages form CVS) and I'll have a look. Btw. I
> was not the person doing the checking, but before removing I'd like to
> have a look (and possibly revive it).

They are in english/ports/alpha/faq/. Since the Alpha-Port-Pages links
to FAQs on alphalinux.org it seems that the idea to copy
the FAQs to the Debian pages was abandoned... (or just forgotten?)

(for clarity: 'remove'  above means "deleting via 'cvs rm'". So no data
lost here.)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>