Re: Help with wml/Makefiles for correct display of news items

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:23:26PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
>
> > If this were a bug I would tag it unreproducible... Your pages look like
> > you wanted it. Exactly like the debian-jr pages for the news...
> Well Debian-Jr has no news for 2003, but the news before 2002 ar not displayed.
> This is what I wanted.

This are two different behaviors! Currently the function prints out
item from the current year (defined by $(CUR_YEAR)) and items from
the last year if there are fewer items from the current year than the
minimum specified as 2nd parameter. (This behavior hasn't changed for
years btw.)
So you see debian-jr and debian-med are handled equally.

> > If you don't want to have the news items from 2002 on the
> > debian-med/index page then you have to tweak the arguments to the
> > recent_list call (I can tell you how, if you really want this).
> I would like to know the trick - or if you like you can just check in the fix
> which hides News from 2002 from the main index page.

You can get the behavior you want by changing the 2nd parameter from 6
to 0. Then only items from the current year are printed.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>
www: http://www.djpig.de/