Re: Linux-Setup-Party

        Hello, Philippe!

 Please notice that Debian is an international project and thus the
mailing list debian-www is an english language one.  Furthermore the
list is about the coordination of the website itself, your request is
in the wrong place here anyway :)

 Quick translation for the non-german speaking list members:

* Stellwag Philippe <philippe.stellwag@erlf.siemens.de> [2003-09-03 10:59]:

  We (the community of www.align.de) arrange at the

> 	Loni-Übler-Haus
> 	Marthastraße 60
> 	90482 Nürnberg
> am 27./28. September, wie jedes Jahr, eine Linux-Setup-Party. Es werden
> zahlreiche Vorträge über Linux gehalten, Vorführungen gehalten, und
> Installations-Hilfen gegeben.

  on 27./28. september, just like every year, a linux installation
party. There will be numberous talks on Linux, presentations, and
installation help.

> Leider schaut es mit Sponsoren dieses Jahr ziemlich schlecht aus. Vielleicht
> kann mir jemand nur EIN orginal Package von Debian zuschicken, dass wir
> wenigstens vom "king of linux" ein "farbiges" Package mit CDs/DVDs haben.

 Unfortunately it doesn't look well for sponsors this year. Maybe
someone is able to send just ONE original package of Debian so we have
at least a "colorful" package with CDs/DVDs from the "king of linux".

> Das wäre echt super!!!

 Would be really great!!!

> P. S.: Wenn ihr euch entschließen solltet uns wirklich ein Debian Package
> zur Verfügung zu stellen, bitte schickt es an meine Adresse:

 If you decide to really send a package, please send it to my address:

> 	Philippe Stellwag
> 	Hertingsbergstraße 29
> 	90522 Oberasbach
> 	Germany

 ----> end of translation <----

 I don't know if you are aware but Debian doesn't do any packages
itself. We just do the software, the packages are put together by
different vendors around the world. The most prominent vendor in Germany
is Linuxland which is known to sponsor quite much (they sponsored the
Debian Rettungs-CDs for the various birthday parties last month). I
would suggest you to ask one of those. Other vendors in Germany that I
am aware of that they sponsor are Lehmanns.

 But you are of course free to download the CD images and burn some CDs
yourself. Informations on this can be found on
<http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/> (preferable way) or
<http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/> (please try jigdo).

 HTH & HAND.
Alfie
--
> Wozu ein Forum, wenn's Usenet gibt?
Fuer jedes neue Forum eine neue Oberflaeche zu lernen, bringt mehr
Abwechslung ins Leben
         -- Alexander Talos in <3d18e47b$0$20382$3b214f66@news.univie.ac.at>