Re: Where could we put web pages about debian-installer on the official debian web server?

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:20:01PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:25:23AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > > Great, so I guess we can start converting the content of
> > > cvs://.../debian-installer/doc/html/ to
> > > cvs://.../webwml/english/devel/debian-installer...
> >
> > What about just checking it out from the current CVS repository and
> > directly into the proper location?  This way, everyone with write
> > access to d-i will be able to update the documentation.  We have a few
> > extra people with write access, and I suspect they will not have write
> > access to the webwml/ repository.  Also, it is easier to find the
> > documentation repository when it is in the same repository as the
> > source itself.
>
> And conversely, if it's outside the webwml tree and webwml standards,
> it looks inconsistent and doesn't benefit from webwml peer review and
> translations.

So we should forget about a simple move from
 > cvs://.../debian-installer/doc/html/ to
 > cvs://.../webwml/english/devel/debian-installer...

My proposal is to go use both.

 ./webwml/english/devel/debian-installer

for the webwml peer review and translations

and

 ./debian-installer/doc

these is considered as "upstream" for the content.

Before you say "that is double work, will have ambiguous data",
consider that the current situation is also not desired
and we never we will find out how {easy,difficult} it is
to keep them in sync when we don't start with it.

Geert Stappers