Re: Spamming of e-mail address in bug reports

* Postmaster <spam@eddylangley.net> [2003-07-09 23:28]:
> The address I would like removing (or at the very least munging/
> editing/ add _nospam_ somewhere obvious/ change local part to spam@)
> is (in spammer-proof form) 'eddy' at 'eddylangley' dot net (a domain I own).

 There is work underway to crypt mail addresses so they are not cought
directly by spambots but are still useable for people reading the lists
through the archives and like to send additions.  It is not done for
individual addresses, it will be done in general.

> and my earlier attempts at getting this address removed in
> linux.debian.www (see:
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&group=linux.debian.www
> )

 When you mention that groups archive: We don't have any posibility to
change how they archive the lists, and that is not the only place where
the lists are stored. So if we change it in our archives the benefit
would be quite small nevertheless.

> I would be extremely grateful if you could remove the address from the
> postings.

 Removing them is a no way -- it would ruin the benefit of the archives
for people that don't like to subscribe the lists but just read them
occasionally through the web and send some input to different threads.

 Have fun,
Alfie