Re: Juridical prosecution

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 05:57:08PM +0200, Martin Sobek wrote:

> You place your page on address www.sobek-sobek.com unlawfully! Remove it
> immediately or you risk juridical prosecution.

Hello Martin,
  First of all I'm not writing this on behalf of Debian, but rather on
behalf of the poor people that have to put up with this sort of
nonsense.  It is clear you cannot read and engage you mouth before your
brain.  Why is it clear?  Because you could not even read this:

"This is a placeholder page installed by the Debian release of the
Apache Web server package, because no home page was installed on this
host. You may want to replace this as soon as possible with your own web
pages, of course....
This computer has installed the Debian GNU/Linux operating system but
has nothing to do with the Debian GNU/Linux project. If you want to
report something about this host's behavior or domain, please contact
the ISPs involved directly, not the Debian Project."

That was the first few lines of your website at Sobek and Sobek, did
you read this before emailling Debian? I'd say not.

You then come up with some rediculous ranting about how Debian is going
to risk "juridical prosecution" because someone in your company
installed our software (badly). Idle threats by people who have no idea
what they're talking about.

The great thing about this is that you posted your foolish email to many
lists, almost all of which are indexed by the various search engines out
there such as Google.  Soon, everyone will be able to see this
wonderful email of yours (and mine, but I stand by my words). Sending it
to many lists means there are more places and hits in these engines.

Don't bother to ask us to remove it, it won't happen no matter what
subsequent rantings (archived and indexed of course) you send.  You may
also like to read http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/disclaimer too.

If you reply to me directly, be warned all or any part of your reply
will be forwarded/quoted on debian-www list too.

Next time, for the sake of everyone, READ what is on the page.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>