Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by mquinson: webwml/english/devel/website translating.wml

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:46:40PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:53:05AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Your correction are somhow minor ones.
>
> Yes, pick out the minor ones from the bunch. See how you can proofread? :P
>
> > (moreover, it is inconsistent with two paragraphs before, which reads
> > "You'll need to check out at least two directories: <tt>english/</tt> and
>
> If so, that's simply another bug that needs to be fixed. These in your diff
> simply caught my eye.

Ok, if you prefer so, I did webwml/ consistently on this page.

> > > This particular document has nine language versions, which means that errors
> > > annoy at least seven other people. Let alone all the viewers!
> >
> > Again, so what ?
>
> In general, if you have absolutely no regard for the quality of English in
> our English translation, kindly stay away from it. I don't see how this is
> very hard to understand, but then, I'm sometimes too much of an idealist.

[That's not a translation, but a feature which were not documented and which
is now]

Note that I mostly reacted on the form of your mail, not arguing that your
changes where wrong. But I promise, next time, I'll send my changes to -www
before commiting to avoid such problems.

Well, I'm sorry.

Mt.

--
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
          -- Albert Einstein