Re: Isnt Lindows partner/supporter?

* Morgan Olsson <info@morgansreglerteknik.se> [2003-06-13 13:45]:
> Hej Craig Small. Tack för ditt meddelande 13:02 2003-06-13 enligt nedan:
>>You mean something like
>>http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros
>
> Good.
> Please link it from http://www.debian.org/partners/

 Why?  Companies producing distributions based on Debian are not always
partners of Debian, and especially in this case, Lindows isn't a partner
of the Debian project. Please start with reading the first sentence in
the first paragraph on the page to find out why Lindows isn't listed
there.

 Lindows sponsors sometimes the appearance on some events, but from what
I know they haven't put special efforts into providing ongoing
assistance to the Debian project. Especially they haven't sponsored any
hardware or bandwidth afaik.

 children-distros not always give back to the project, it's rather rare
than usual from what I've noticed. Personally I don't see any need to
link them from the partners page.

> The basic idea is:
> As I have payed for a Debian based distro (Lindows) and I find it
> good, I want to check wether the money i paid are shared amongst
> contributors.

 I don't think that Lindows "shares" their money with the Debian
project. Sorry. But they don't have to. If they would have to Debian
wouldn't be free.

 So long,
Alfie
--
<Alfie> Für Linux?  mutt und sonst nichts.
<jbf> mutt ist aber console und ich will eins das ich mit der maus bedienen