Re: Package description page is not compliant to multibyte characters

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 09:33:23PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> I heard a report that Japanese translation of package description
> pages (by Debian Description Translation Project) is broken.
> For example,
>
>     http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/stable/admin/apmd.ja.html

IMHO this site is a try by griso to include the translated
descriptions in the packages.d.o system. If you want this to be fixed,
it would be best to contact him directly.

The code in the cvs needs not to be fixed (although it would not harm)
since he is intended only for the official packages.d.o pages which
support no translated descriptions.

Note that I'm currently rewriting big parts of the packages.d.o
code to let it support multiple architectures and multiple languages.
This script should be multibyte compatible from the start and I will
appreciate your comments on it when I release it (I'm targeting july,
I would love to get some direct feedback on the LinuxTag here in
Karlsruhe, but let's see).

hth,
--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***