Re: packages.d.o - what has been and what could be

Hello

If you mail, don't forget CC: to grius@debian.org

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 09:56:59PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:00:47PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:

> > > Will try it. Parsing the translated Packages files will not be the
> > > problem.
> >
> > Please don't use the translated Packages. Better you use the newer
> > Translation files[1]. The new apt version will download this files and
> > use the Translations from this files.
> >
> > [1]: ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian-ddtp/dists/sid/main/i18n/Translation-de
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
> Hmm, took me a while to figure out, that is the only working
> combination for dist and section. Is this a temporary issue? When will
> the other translations follow?

about main:
  Now we translate only main. I will add contrib and non-free in future

about sid:
  The server have translated descriptions from potato, woody, sarge and
  sid. But now I make only Translation files for sid. If you need more,
  ask and I will change this.

> What encoding have those files? UTF8?

Yes.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
`Man sollte dem Verantwortlichen für ILOVEYOU alles mögliche antun,