Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org

Hi,

From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
Subject: Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:12:00 +0200

> In this bugreport you tell that lynx-cur is right, but I have similar
> results with lynx-cur 2.8.5-10.

I tested lynx and lynx-cur and found that both of them are problematic.

I tested lynx and lynx-cur on mlterm and xterm in UTF-8 mode and
ja_JP.UTF-8 locale.  I searched a Russian word for "News".  Then,
though the search seems to work well, all Cyrillic characters are
displayed in Latin alphabet transliteration.  I imagine they are
not sensible of locale.

Please test w3mmee.  It should work well.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/