Who's using Debian?

Computer Technology Group, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, USA

Organization type: nonprofit

Home page link: http://www.bbg.org/

Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a public garden and research institution.  We
use x86-based Debian servers to host databases, file shares, and our
corporate intranet applications as well as to provide infrastructure
services such as mail relay, Web proxy, and NAT.  We also use x86 and
PowerPC-based Debian desktops in our IT Group and in our user training
lab.

We choose Debian GNU/Linux because of the Debian Social Contract, great
package management, sensible defaults, stability, and the Debian
community.

Paul Turcotte
Director of Computer Technology
Brooklyn Botanic Garden