Re: event reports visibility

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2003-01-14 11:18]:
> > Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >>  It includes two ways to see if there is a report for that event:
> >> -) First is to grep through the event page and look for a
> >>    there.
> >
> > I'd rather scan the directory for a foo-report.wml file which will be
> > the report for foo.wml.
>
>  As said that is rather tricky for the foo.wml should depend on
> foo-report.wml to be rebuilt but that would lead on the other hand to a
> 'no rule or target to build foo-report.wml' or such.  I personally don't
> know how to tackle that in a sensible way.

This is what I can think of:

Makefile in the /$year/ directory has a special target that creates
Makefile.local.  At the end of Makefile, Makefile.local is included if
it exists.

Makefile.local is created by a perlie that first reads all local
foo-report.wml files and prints "foo.wml: foo-report.wml" (or was it
"foo.$(LANG).html: foo-report.wml").  Then, if LANG is not english, it
repeats in $ENGLISHDIR, but limits the output to those foo.wml files
that weren't printed out yet.

For the index file, if there is a foo-report.wml file either in the
local or in the $ENGLISHDIR directory, it prints "index.wml: files".

The Makefile.local file is regularily regenerated.

> > I'd also like such a link to be added automatically to the events page
> > when it is a past_event and there is such a file (or it exists in the
> > english dir).
>
>  If it's possible somehow of course.  But I don't have an idea how to do
> it.

Does the above classify as "somehow"?

> > I'd rather call it <report> instead of <rep> or did I miss something
> > and new tags must not be descriptive?
>
>  I did call it <rep> for I had the gettext tag called <report> but that
> one is dropped now so there is nothing wrong with calling it <report>.

Great.

> > If you insist on the <rep> tag (or something similar, why not define
> > it in the header as
> >
> > <define-tag report>http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu-0210/msg00019..html</define-tag>
>
>  How to you use it, then?  I thought of that, too but found no easy way
> to include it in the list at the end, then.

I don't understand what you mean.  At the moment an events header
looks like:

<define-tag abbr>DesktopLinux</define-tag>
<define-tag year>2003</define-tag>
<define-tag pagetitle>Desktop Linux Summit</define-tag>
<define-tag where>San Diego, U.S.A.</define-tag>
<define-tag startdate>2003-02-20</define-tag>
<define-tag enddate>2003-02-21</define-tag>
<define-tag infolink>http://www.desktoplinux.com/summit/</define-tag>
<define-tag coord><a href="mailto:bdale@debian.org";>Bdale Garbee</a></define-tag>

Those tags are used by event.wml and past_event.wml.  If you don't yet
know how to treat them compared to a non-defined tag, check the SPI
minutes.wml file.  You don't have to define guests, absents etc.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto