Re: event reports visibility

* Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2003-01-16 21:49]:
> Makefile.local is created by a perlie that first reads all local
> foo-report.wml files and prints "foo.wml: foo-report.wml" (or was it
> "foo.$(LANG).html: foo-report.wml").  Then, if LANG is not english, it
> repeats in $ENGLISHDIR, but limits the output to those foo.wml files
> that weren't printed out yet.
>
> For the index file, if there is a foo-report.wml file either in the
> local or in the $ENGLISHDIR directory, it prints "index.wml: files".
>
> The Makefile.local file is regularily regenerated.

 Sounds like an idea that could work.  Are you going to try it?  :)

> Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  How to you use it, then?  I thought of that, too but found no easy way
>> to include it in the list at the end, then.
>
> I don't understand what you mean.  At the moment an events header
> looks like:
[snip]

> Those tags are used by event.wml and past_event.wml.  If you don't yet
> know how to treat them compared to a non-defined tag, check the SPI
> minutes.wml file.  You don't have to define guests, absents etc.

 Thanks for the hint to the minutes.wml, but I was more thinking of how
to include it in the <ul> at the end as an item.  I can't come up with
an idea of how to do this other than having the report link being
included somewhere else on the events page.  No idea how to make it
still show up in the related links section if it defines a tag on its
own in the header.  If we would have to include it by hand in the list
at the end anyway I don't see any gain defining the tag in the file
itself, too.

 So long,
Alfie
--
It's simply unbelievable how much energy and creativity people have
invested into creating contradictory, bogus and stupid licenses...