Re: Debian GNU/Linux and Geek magazine

Thanks a lot, Craig :). I'm already talking to Linux Mall, the Brazilian CD vendor in your list :)

[]s
Joao Marinho

Em Qua, 2003-01-08 às 19:54, Craig Small escreveu:
On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 05:46:00PM -0200, Joao Marinho wrote:
> Of course, many Geek's readers are linuxers, and Debian is
> one of the most esteemed distros among them. Because of this,
> we want to give an award to them, raffling a Debian GNU/Linux
> in a promotion in our magazine. So we'd like to know where we
> could find a Debian distro in CD here in Brazil or if you can
> provide one to us. And, of course, if you authorize the
> distribution in these terms.

We thank you for your interest in Debian GNU/Linux.  You may not be aware,
but the Debian Project does not produce physical Debian CDs. The closest thing
to CDs are ISO images, which you are free to download and burn into a CD.
Of course you don't even need a CD if you want to install Debian, you can
download whatever we produce off our HTTP/FTP sites.

I've just had a look and found that there is only one Brazillian CD
vendor listed on our site.  You might like to talk to them about getting
a CD. All (one) of the vendors we know about in Brazil are found at
http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/#br

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>