Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by alfie: webwml english/devel/testing.wml german/devel/ ...

* Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> [2003-01-10 13:50]:
> Josip Rodin:
>> That's not good, because my mozilla doesn't interpret <q> as <i> but as ".
>
> Eh, the proper way of visually rendering the <q> tag is to put
> (language-dependent) quotes around the sentence. If you want to apply
> more styling to it (for instance make it italics), you'll need to apply
> a style sheet.

 Ah, so I'm sorry and I'll remove the quotes again, thanks for the hint.

>>From the HTML spec: "Visual user agents must ensure that the content of
> the Q element is rendered with delimiting quotation marks."

 Then we should file bugreports against browsers that don't (like w3m
and links, lynx does add quotes).

 So long,
Alfie
--
"at the end of a war the survivors are none
 b'cos a war is a loss a war can't be won"