Re: lists.debian.org de-localization

Hi,

From: Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr>
Subject: Re: lists.debian.org de-localization
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:41:36 +0100

> Hm, but doesn't the section on character sets cover the mails themselves as
> well? There are a bit under twenty thousand indices, which is a large amount
> by itself, but the mails themselves are really problematic.

I think the priority of the mails themselves is much lower than that
of the lists, because 8bit character in only one mail affects the whole
month in a list.

Anyway, I don't think the regeneration or modification is needed *now*,
because our solution is not yet perfect.  It is obviously waste of
machine time to modify both *now* and in future when better solution
will be available.

I think more important problem is how to deal with raw 8bit mail
headers without encoding specification or encodings which are not
supported by the current set-up but used in Debian mailing lists
(GB2312, BIG5, and KOI8-R).

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/