Re: translation of sitemap page

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 05:40:44PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 09:56:28PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> > The following pages are NOT translated:
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/sitemap.it.html
> >
> > Note that the top page (www.debian.org/index) for these
> > untranslated languages have translated site selectors
> > and footers, which means that these untranslated pages
> > are NOT due to lack of translation.
>
> Just to chyme in...
>
> .../webwml/italian/po % grep -A1 'Site map for Debian web pages' *.po
> templates.it.po:msgid "Site map for Debian web pages"
> templates.it.po-msgstr "Mappa del sito per le pagine Debian"
>
> And yet...
>
> .../webwml/italian % grep h1 sitemap.it.html
> <h1>Site map for Debian web pages</h1>
>
> I wondered if it's perhaps in the wrong domain, but that doesn't appear to
> be it, the file names match and the .wml file obviously has the same domain
> for all languages.

The problem is that input file is ../english/sitemap.wml, thus
english/.wmlrc is read instead of italian/.wmlrc.  This is why
you pass some -D flags when generating sitemap.<xx>.html files.
But italian/.wmlrc does not define CUR_LOCALE. and English value
is used instead, i.e. en_US.
IMO the right fix is to put symlinks on sitemap.wml so that input
file is <lang>/sitemap.wml

Denis