Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:15:01PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > (Wouldn't it be great if the underlying issue was fixed and we could
> > simply email mirror maintainers telling them what to do and simply
> > delist their CD mirrors if they don't do that...)
>
> I think we should "actively encourage" a uniform directory structure
> for CD mirrors, yes. This should even be true for certain mirror
> admins who put Debian images alongside other ISOs in the same dir. ;-P

Haven't seen any of those, but yeah, even that's possible. :)

> Both the HTTP and FTP image checks would then be very easy: Just try
> to download the first few bytes of the images!
>
> The mirror check script could obtain the current list of images from
> the CD master mirror and then simply precede each .iso name with the
> base URL of the mirror.

Just having a convention on the names of the files would be good. AFAIR, I
downloaded images from one ftp.*.d.o site where it was *3.0r0* and from
another one where it was *3.0rev0*. (Or something like that.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.