Re: UK speaks German? ;-)

On Saturday 2002-10-19, joy@gkvk.hr wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:38:00PM +0100, nonesuch@tameter.org wrote:
> > I've noticed before (but never got round to mentioning it) that when I go
> > to <http://www.debian.org/> and "Select a server near me", where "near me"
> > is "United Kingdom", I'm pointed at <http://www.uk.debian.org/>.  All very
> > good, except the default web page language in that domain seems to be
> > German!
>
> Perhaps the language preferences in your web browser need some tuning?
> The default language certainly seems to be English from here.
>
> Please see http://www.uk.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html [...]

Aha, mea culpa (or <<Ich bin dran Schuld>> :-).  I had my language preferences
set to the following, in order: "en-gb, en-us, de, jp".  Since I didn't have
just "en" in there, I got "de"; adding "en" before "de" fixes things.

> --
>      2. That which causes joy or happiness.

I'm puzzled by this sig -- is there a first part of a definition missing here,
or does the number "2" itself cause you happiness?  ;-)

> (Proper address Bcc:ed)

Thanks.

Hugh

(Proper address, for those joining us part way through this thread, is
"debian@...")