Re: UK speaks German? ;-)

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:38:00PM +0100, nonesuch@tameter.org wrote:
> I've noticed before (but never got round to mentioning it) that when I go to
> <http://www.debian.org/> and "Select a server near me", where "near me" is
> "United Kingdom", I'm pointed at <http://www.uk.debian.org/>.  All very good,
> except the default web page language in that domain seems to be German!
>
> This is in fact a good thing from my point of view, since I could do with
> practising my German, but it probably confuses most UK users ... ;-)

Perhaps the language preferences in your web browser need some tuning?
The default language certainly seems to be English from here.

Please see http://www.uk.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html for more information on
problems regarding the language negotiation.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

(Proper address Bcc:ed)