Re: New deb mother tongue (CN problem)

Josip,

> Oh, it works for en-us and en-gb because we worked around it (we added
> symlinks for all files). It doesn't work for other en-* variants, see
this:

> % wget -q --header="Accept-Language: en-us, fr" -O - www.debian.org | grep
lang=

> % wget -q --header="Accept-Language: en-ca, fr" -O - www.debian.org | grep
lang=

I've set IE to only {en-ca}, but I still get en returned. Setting it to
{en-ca,fr} should, I think, return fr -- which it does. The
mod_negotiation.c code does a ranking to determine a best match and fr is an
exact match even if it is the second choice.

The situation that got me into this whole issue was that IE as installed by
Win2k is set to {en-us} rather than {en-us,en} as it probably should be.
With IE set to only {en-us} I was getting Debian pages in pr, despite the
fact that Portuguese was not one of the languages requested by the browser.
That is the bug I'm trying to fix, but can't replicate now.

Are we talking about the right problem?

Cheers,

Robin
www.LinuxMovies.org