Re: Please help me, I am receiving large amounts of spam as a result of my posting.

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:48:42AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> It would be polite to note that it is not our intention to get people
> spammed by keeping archives, or that we do it because we're bastards who
> don't give a ...., because we aren't, we feel your pain :)

Whatever happened to the plans to obscure the mail addresses in the
archives? A simple fix is just to substitute a different character for
the @, or (to confuse 90% of spambots) to encode @ as @ in HTML.

I change my list mail addresses every year and filter spam with
spamassassin, but I must say this is really getting on my nerves
despite all those measures. Every day I have to download >100kB of
spam over this dial-up link.

BTW, Grant, you should look into spam filtering software like
spamassasin, razor etc. As Josip notes, "your inbox will never be the
same again" because once the address has been harvested, it will be
spammed for many years.

Cheers,

  Richard

--