Re: Please help me, I am receiving large amounts of spam as a result of my posting.

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 09:19:16AM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> > Please, I neeeed your help.
> >
> > I posted the following message (not knowing that my email address would
> > be made publicly available on the internet).
>
> 	The mailing lists' disclaimer is at:

> 	"The mailing list archives have been public well before you sent a message to
> that mailing list address."
>
> 	We don't alter the mailing lists' archives.

It would be polite to note that it is not our intention to get people
spammed by keeping archives, or that we do it because we're bastards who
don't give a ...., because we aren't, we feel your pain :)

We think the archives are useful when they are left intact. Besides, the
spam problem doesn't go away with removing messages from the archive -- both
because spammers have probably already hardvested the address, and because
there are several other archives on the web and elsewhere where they have
probably also have harvested it already.

> 	BTW, Josip, could you insert a link to the disclaimer in l.d.o
> homepage? It'd be nice.

I added the link to the footer.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.