Re: Personal names in Kanji

* Tomohiro KUBOTA <tkubota@riken.go.jp> [2002-08-14 16:33]:
> I'd like to use "entity expression" to write their names.  Though
> usage of Unicode would be the best way, it would force writers and
> translators to use Unicode-supporting text editors.  For example,
>
>    zhaoway   -->   &#36213;&#34074; (zhaoway)
>
> May I modify these names in DWN articles?

 Sorry for my late response, but I'm just questioning what the advantage
for the users might be?  Those reading the english pages usually don't
know what to do with the names in kanji, those who know kanji usually
don't read the english pages anyway and/or should be happy with the
"translated" names nevertheless.

 This is my personal opinion, maybe others don't share it and I'm just
an ignorant but I don't think that the kanji charactered names on the
english (or any other language version beside the kanji ones) would gain
much from it....

 Don't get me wrong, I put it in in the german translations although I
don't personally see much sense in it.  Would be interested what others
think about it....

 Have fun,
Alfie
--