Searching for debian packages with keywords does not find relevant entries

Package: www.debian.org
Version: n/a

The problem became apparent to me when I tried to install the fastCGI
library for the apache httpd on my debian system. The corresponding
package is called 'libapache-mod-fastcgi', the important contents
is the file mod_fastcgi.so. I did not know the name of the package
and dselect, searching for 'fast' did not found it either.

I went straight to the package search facility
(http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages) and tried to search
with keywords.
Here some example of my unsuccessful searches:
- 'fast', 'cgi', 'apache'
  This turns up 49 entries, but none concerning 'libapache-mod-fastcgi'.
- 'fastcgi'
  1 entry 'framerd'
(Always searcing for 'any','any','allow subwords')

After some more of the same failures I turned to google and found rapidly
(1st hit !) an usenet post revealing the package name (libapache-mod-fastcgi).

Coming back to www.debian.org I found the package without problems searching
for the name. In the package description the keywords I used for searching
are present.

I conclude that searching for keywords is package descriptions is buggy and
does not work correctly.

Regards   Markus Baertschi

--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Rossé 14b             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678